Friday, October 22, 2010

I knew this girl in high school who was awkward [the kind that you don't grow out of]. She was always a few years behind everyone socially, and at times she could be quite creepy. Of all the memories I have of this girl one sticks out in particular. My freshman year, prom was on a boat. I went to a really small school in high school so it was not a very big boat but it made its way around the harbor, under the Coronado bridge and back again. It was beautiful. About 3/4 into the night everyone had grown bored and a bit cold from being outside and were inside laughing, blushing, taking pictures for myspace and I had wandered outside just to get some fresh air. And she was there right at the front of the boat resting her elbows on the railing, shoulders up around her ears, silently crying. I remember this moment so well because I remember how picturesque it looked. If this were a movie, it would be the part where the dashinly handsome front man would come from behind, take her in his arms and with out a word, he would kiss her. The music would swell and maybe some people watching the movie would cry. I also remember this because it wasn't a movie, there was no perfect lighting, no evocative orchestral music and all I saw was a girl, crying, waiting for her one and only love [who at the time was Aron Carter] to come and plant a big fat kiss right on her face


No comments: